Wednesday, January 25, 2017

AMETHYST

Back to the many stone and crystal specimens I got on my Birthday Rock Hunt. I'm starting to think of that episode more like an Easter Egg Hunt. I wonder if I can get my friend to do it again for Easter? Just kidding my friend.

Today I am studying up on Amethyst. Amethyst is a quartz crystal and the first crystal I have looked into.  Crystals are thought to be quite a powerful in terms of energy content and output. I'm getting the impression that crystals, in general, are thought to be more energetic than other stone species.

A little off topic but I have read that nearly all known vortexes are located in or near quartz crystal fields. Not sure anyone has ever proven the existence of vortexes but they are supposed to be all about energy. Another interesting factotum; the original crystal radios had a component called a "crystal detector" which was made from a crystal called Galena. I'm no scientist, but this suggest to me that crystal certainly can have energy absorption and conductive power. OK, you naysayers, there is scientific proof of this, just Google crystal radios.

Amethyst is a common crystal found nearly all over the planet, Africa, South America, Europe, Canada, Russia and the US.

Amethyst Crystal

The above crystal is mine. The Amethyst is of a fairly pale color. It sits in the geode shell in which it was found. It's a fairly large chunk and was quite reasonably priced. Below is a photo of an Amethyst Crystal that looks good enough to eat. It looks like a piece of Huckleberry pie. If you've never had Huckleberry pie you simply have not lived. Lucky me, Montana is Huckleberry heaven. Unless you live in Montana don't look for it in your local health food store. This wonder of natural cannot be commercially grown. Trust me, many have tried. On my travel blog I coined the phrase Montana Caviar. The important thing to note is that the darker the color the finer the Amethyst.

Amethyst Crystal
Another point about Amethyst is that it resonates well with Capricorn. It's quite interesting to me that I have instinctively been drawn to choose stones and crystals that are said to resonate well with Capricorn, my astrological sign. I also chose Malachite and Rainbow Fluorite  which are also complementary to Capricorn.  Is there a connection? I don't know but it does beg the question.

Physical Issues:

 Ears, Eczema, Immune System, Insomnia, Itching, Metabolism, Memory, Psoriasis, Wrinkles

 Emotional Issues:

Anger, Anxiety, Coping, Fear, Focus, Grief, Loss, Motivation,

Spiritual Issues:

Awareness, Balance, Coping, Dream Recall,  Harmony, Higher-Self, Inner Child, Intuition, Wisdom

QUICK REFERENCE

Chakras:

Crown: (Lavendar)
Third-Eye (Purple)
Etheric

©Walker Barnard




No comments:

Post a Comment